April 27-May 29, 2020
Barnes & Noble has launched a National Children’s Short Story Contest to give young writers a chance to become published authors! Children ages 6-12 are invited to submit original written or graphic short stories. Fifteen entrants will be selected and published in a book sold exclusively at Barnes & Noble this holiday season. A portion of the proceeds will go to charity.
Guidelines for Submission:
– Parents or legal guardians can submit an original written or graphic short story on behalf of children ages 6-12 from April 27 – May 29.
– Entries should include the parent or legal guardian’s name, email and address. Only the child’s first name and age should be provided.
– The work must be an original written or graphic story.
– Suggested word count is 300 – 800 words or 4 pages of a graphic story (black & white).
– Fifteen entrants will be chosen for publication in a book to be sold exclusively at select Barnes & Noble stores while supplies last, during Holiday 2020 with a portion of the proceeds going to charity.
– The fifteen winners and fifteen runners-up will get a signed book from bestselling author Gail Carson Levine. Winners and runners-up will also have the chance to be featured on Barnes & Noble’s social channels.
Submit your child’s story at the link below.